Scientists and fishery inspectors all over the world use the FishMeter electronic measuring board to achieve faster and more accurate registration and analysis of fish sampling data such as length, weight, sex and species. Data are recorded directly on the board with a magnetic marker and available on your computer for immediate analysis in your data handling software of choice, such as Excel.
The FishMeter has been developed in close collaboration with scientists and researchers in order to meet their demands for functionality and flexibility. The result is a highly efficient, durable and flexible solution for fish sampling suitable for fishery inspectors, laboratories, researchers, commercial fisheries and fish farmers. Whether registering length and weight of a large volume of fish or a range of parameters for each individual, the FishMeter will serve you as an invaluable tool.
Sampling with the FishMeter requires no pen or paper, saving you both time and resources. Recordings are made with a magnetic marker attached to your index finger, not affected by fish blood, dirt or water. Length recordings are made directly on the board, as are other parameters such as sex and number sequences. Recording of weight is done with separate scales. Please contact us for advice on how to integrate the FishMeter with your weight measurement procedures.
For recordings in noisy environments, the FishMeter can be set to give an audible confirmation when new measurements are recorded. After finishing your sampling, the sturdy and waterproof measuring board can simply be hosed down.
- 50 cm (100 cm total length measurement)
- 100 cm (300 cm total length measurement)
- 120 cm (120 cm total length measurement)
- USB for easy and reliable connection to your Windows computer, laptop or tablet. The board is powered through your computer.
- Bluetooth for fish sampling on more remote locations where mobility is of importance. The wireless board is powered by rechargeable batteries.
- FishMeter Link software interfaces the FishMeter to any application capable of receiving data input from a keyboard. The software offers user configurable keystroke sequences mapped to the function keys of the board and makes it possible to work directly in data handling spreadsheets such as Excel. FishMeter Link works with any device running Windows.
- FishMeter Windows driver is available for customers who want to integrate support for the FishMeter in their own software. A C#/:NET class library, as well as a COM interface, allows for integration with other application development frameworks, including Visual Basic for applications as used in Access or Excel based systems.
- Other software solutions are available from our partners, so please send us an email to discuss your sampling procedures and we will advise you on the best option for your need.
- Read more about the software options
- FishMeter brochure with overview of models
- FishMeter data sheet
- ICES Annual Science Conference, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- New Chinese website and support
- Inmartech, Bergen
- Oceanology 2016, London
- New FishMeter Link software and driver
- New FishMeter Link software and driver makes sampling even easier
- ICES Annual Science Conference, Copenhagen
- ICES Some Acoustics, Nantes
- Renewed Focus on Marine Research Products
- ICES Annual Science Conference, Coruña